The "Flower City," the "Flour City," the "World's Image Center." The Rochester area has many nicknames, but none that can quite express what Rochester and Monroe County are all about. The information available on the websites linked below, or under the Directories and News Sources sections, will tell you many things about our city and county. Information about cultural activities and events, human services organizations, government, sports and recreation, and much more can be found here.
- Government Information - visit The City of Rochester and the Monroe County websites for information on everything from buying a home in the area, to airport and transportation information, to health and human services information.
- Visit Rochester - the official site of the Greater Rochester Vistors Association. Contains information on doing business in the Rochester area, shopping, services, where to stay, colleges and universities, and a calendar of area events.
- Info Rochester - a site from Max Lent Communications which provides exhaustive, A to Z information on amusement parks to flu vaccines to wireless Internet access points.
- The Rochester Wiki: the People's Guide to Rochester - a collaborative website maintained by Rochester residents, former residents, and other experts on all things Rochester. Contains articles on topics ranging from where to park in the city, to legendary Rochestarian Rattlesnake Pete, to volunteer opportunities in the area.
- Veterans - Operation Welcome Home and Recovery - Veterans Outreach Center, Inc. - 459 South Avenue, Rochester, NY 14620. 585-546-1081; Direct Line 585-295-7855.
- Project Prepare! Educating Citizens for Public Disaster - Project Prepare! was launched by the Monroe County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) on November 7, 2003 as a public alerting and emergency preparedness initiative. This website provides information and links to disaster education, personal readiness, and current events related to community-wide emergencies.
- Directories compiled by the Information Center of the Rochester Public Library, including information on holiday assistance, shelters and meals, and food cupboards, can be found here.