The Monroe County Library System is transitioning from its current MCLS Mobile app (powered by Boopsie) to TLC’s CARL-Connect Discovery mobile web product and a new branded app MCLS TO GO.
The new app is now available in the Apple (iApple) and Google (Google Play) stores. Click here for download links.
The MCLS TO Go app is designed for mobile phones. On tablet devices, the app may display the desktop version of our online catalog, CatalogPlus.
New features are focused on a personalized experience for library users, including:
• A landing page that promotes MCLS events, announcements and locations, with the flexibility to add additional collections
• Library locations
• Opt-in and notification options
• Ability for patrons to view their saved lists
• Discovery and instant downloading of eResources
• Fine and fee payment capability through a secure third-party vendor
• Access to a Digital Library Card for use through a smartphone when checking out at member libraries that have compatible scanners
Future enhancements to the mobile product include:
• Ability to filter or sort search results.
• Ability to access saved searches, title ratings and reviews
• Personalized reading recommendations
In addition to the new, branded app MCLS TO GO, when connecting to our online Catalog (http://catalogplus.libraryweb.org) from a web browser on any device, the responsive design of the catalog automatically scales to accommodate display sizes ranging from smartphones to tablets to large touch screen computer monitors.