Health Insurance Assistance
Open enrollment, November 1st through December 15th, 2017.
Those who wish to enroll for health insurance through the Affordable Care Act/New York State Healthcare Marketplace can meet with a certified application counselor from LawNY at libraries throughout Monroe County. For a complete list of days and time click here.
Individuals can apply for Child Health Plus, Medicaid, the NYS Essential Plan, year round and the Affordable Care Act/New York State Healthcare Marketplace if they have had a qualifying event within the past 60 days. Qualifying events include:
- Loss of minimum essential coverage
- Marriage or domestic partnership, birth, adoption, or placement in foster care
- Becoming a citizen, national, or lawfully present individual
- For those already enrolled in a QHP, becoming newly eligible or ineligible for tax credits; or eligible for a different amount of cost sharing reductions
- Permanent move to NY, or permanent move from one county to another within NY
- Marketplace staff or contractor enrollment error
- Assistor misconduct
- Qualified Health Plan violated a provision of its contract
- American Indians can enroll or change plans one time per month throughout the year
- Other exceptional circumstances, as defined by HHS.
Certified application counselors from CCSI, Inc. are available to schedule visits at a library close to you. Click here for
days and times.