The Monroe County Library System provides reference services and library resources to help Rochester-area businesses succeed. Member libraries contribute to the economic growth of our region by training expert staff, maintaining business materials, and providing public programs on economics, business, government, financial literacy, and career development.
A comprehensive schedule of current business events and programs can be found here (select category "Business & Finance").
Regional business resources and websites recommended by the MCLS is here [PDF].
The MCLS provides a number of business research databases for your convenience, requiring only your library card. These free resources include indexed, searchable company and industry profiles, market research, financial reports, regional demographic analysis, current news, and much more. Resources include:
Resources available at the Central Library of Rochester & Monroe County
The Business Division of the Central Library offers extensive web-based market research and investment analysis subscriptions for public use, as well as print business journals. Specialized market research and financial investment data sources for use on-site include:
- ABI/INFORM Complete: Features thousands of full-text journals and periodicals such as The Economist, country-and industry-focused reports, with downloadable data.
- CountryWatch: Provides critical country-specific intelligence and data, including key demographic features and pertinent environmental issues.
- **Frost & Sullivan 360°: Provides industry analysis, technology analysis and customer research. To see a complete list of industries covered click here.
- Hoover’s Company Profiles: Search more than 40,000 companies for information on a company's location, financials, top competitors, top
officers and more.
- **IBISWorld Industry Research: Provides strategic insight and analysis on more than 1,000 U.S. industries. To see a complete list of industries covered click here.
- Mergent: Maintains a comprehensive global company database, including institutional holdings, insider trading, FactSheets, debt ratings, and issuances.
- Morningstar Mutual Funds: Provides independent analysis, research and ratings for top mutual funds, including prices, ratings, performance data, and analysis.
- Morningstar Stock Investor: Monthly publication and website following Morningstar-managed portfolios and investment strategies.
- ProQuest Entrepreneurship: Search a spectrum of resources ranging from scholarly journals to sample business plans in a wide range of
- Standard & Poor's Capital IQ: Offers data on company financials, executive and director information, financial news, filings, screening and modeling tools, real-time market data, industry analyses, and investment research.
- Valueline: Provides independent investment research on stocks, mutual funds, options, and convertibles.
**Resources provided by the Friends & Foundation of RPL
Research specialists can provide support to individuals and organizations while respecting the confidentiality of your research work. Please call 585-428-8130 to learn more or to schedule an appointment.
Small Business Support
The Central Library maintains a Small Business Resource Center on the 4th floor of the Bausch & Lomb Public Library Building. The Center provides programs and an extensive collection of
materials for starting and running a small business.
Did you know that the library can make your tax experience a little bit easier? Click here for a listing of resources you can use.