The Monroe County Library System provides a wealth of assistance and information for job seekers and career exploration.
Books and other materials that describe hundreds of careers and occupations, including their employment outlook, and salary ranges, as well as education, training, and licensing requirements.
Job Search Process, Resumes, and Cover Letters
Resources that cover the job search process including:
- General Guides and Organizers
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Interview preparation
- Salary Negotiation
- Career guidance for specific populations, including African Americans, bilingual Latinos, women, ex-offenders, people with disabilities, ex-military personnel, older workers and teens.
Resources for researching education and training opportunities beyond high school, including:
- Catalogs of local area colleges
- Indexes to college majors
- Directories of trade and vocational schools, graduate programs, distance learning, and other non-traditional courses
- Financial aid materials relating to scholarships, grants, and loans
- Brochures from Monroe County School Districts, BOCES, and other organizations offering non-credit adult education courses
Study guides for many types of tests, including:
- General Aptitude Tests
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB)
- Graduate and vocational school admission tests
- Professional licensing examinations
- Civil Service examinations
Search for Library Programs and Classes
Many libraries offer training on job searching, resume writing, and computer skills. Check listings here http://www3.libraryweb.org/programs.aspx.
Online Job Searching
Civil Service Websites
Health Care Employer Websites
Other Work-Related Organizations from Monroe County